Elevation: 688 feet
Area: 10,558 acres
Water Volume: 433 billion gallons
Length: 15.5 miles
Maximum width: 1.5 miles
Maximum depth: 276 feet
Thermocline: 35 feet
- Canandaigua Lake would mirror Keuka’s “Y” shape if the water level were high enough to fill the West River trough.
- Canandaigua derived its name from the Seneca village of Kanandague meaning the “chosen spot.”
- In 1912, John N. Willys, automotive entrepreneur and Canandaigua native, founded Willys-Overland Co., which became the 2nd largest automobile manufacturer behind Ford for a brief period of time.
- Zealot, Jemima Wilkinson and infamous suffragette, Susan B. Anthony were both tried in the Canandaigua courthouse.
- Humphrey Bogart, the film star most well-known for his roles in Casablanca, The Maltese Falcon, and The African Queen, spent his summers vacationing on Canandaigua Lake.